Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day Six, Seven, and Eight: Good News!

I don't know what's been going on with me the last couple of days, but I just haven't found time to journal. Here's the latest:

On Day Six of the Pre-Conditioning Plan, I went to MRC for a weigh-in and a "let's see how things are going" conversation with my consultant. She answered questions for me about the shopping guide, and promised much more information to come regarding menu, shopping, serving sizes, etc. at the Food Instruction Class, which is tomorrow. Turns out, I was a little indulgent with the starch serving, I made a few blunders on the shopping list (e.g. buying a red and a yellow bell pepper, when I can only have green bell peppers), and eating at Chipotle twice in six days is too much sodium, fat,  starch, and onions (yes! too high on the glycemic index!), and too little veggies. Live and learn...such an applicable lesson in so many areas of life.

I also learned that once a person reaches their weight loss goal, their calories are bumped up to a maintenance level, rather than a losing weight level, so there's that to look forward to... Plus, one year of maintenance is included in the sign-up fee, which seems like a really good idea.

Here is  the information that was gathered at my sign-up, which I have failed to mention:

5/28/2014
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 198.00 lb.
BMI: 32.0
Fat %: 44.3% 
(I thought I was made of sugar and spice...)
Fat Mass (lovely words): 87.5 lb.
Desirable Range Fat %: 23-34%
Target Body Fat %: 30%
Predicted Weight: 157.5 lb.
Predicted Fat Mass: 47.0 lb.
FAT TO LOSE: 40.51 lb.

(I was also measured from head-to-toe at sign-up, but I don't have those numbers available to share.)

Now, back to the good part! Despite my not always making the right choices in navigating the Pre-Conditioning Plan, I lost THREE POUNDS in six days!!! 

Just doin' the Happy Dance.

I know it's early and I'm in the new and excited stage, but I have not had ANY cravings for sugar, and I would say that just by increasing my water intake and eating healthier foods in general, I do feel better. I have this ugly little hiatal hernia, which causes reflux, and it seems that it doesn't get nearly as angry when I'm not eating sugary, fatty foods. Be happy, hiatal hernia. There is so much more healthy food coming your way.

Nothing too exciting that follows Day Six. I'm eating fresh fruit and veggies, lean meats, and very small servings of fat, and starch. Who knew one slice of 45 calorie bread could be so delicious?

I've also given some thought to Debunking the Sugar Myth, and realized it would be a quite a feat to come up with a myth for 16+ weeks of journaling, so it will now be called:

Sweet Meanderings...

If you are bitter at heart,
sugar in the mouth will not help you.
~Yiddish Proverb





No comments:

Post a Comment