Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day Four: Failed Rump Roast

Yep, I was hoping the rump roast wouldn't be dry and bland, and wouldn't you know it? That's exactly what it was! I have yet to make anything in a crockpot that takes as long as the recipe directs, yet, I continue to trust the recipe and overcook nearly every piece of meat I put in there. Well, it's not horrible, and it is chew-able, but I definitely wasn't wowed by the results.

Lunch was lettuce, quinoa, rump roast, and just barely a taste of vinegar/oil salad dressing. I'm a little dismayed with a failed recipe. My brain is being nagged with the thought that limiting fat, flour, salt, and sugar just sealed my fate to really ho-hum meals. I sure hope that's not the case...

Rump roast and quinoa on a bed of leaf lettuce...myeh.

I'm tired today, but that's not unusual for a work day. I was hungry at work as it got closer to noon, but when you figure that I had already worked seven hours, it seems reasonable to be hungry. Drinking water helps curb my appetite, and despite that the brown butter banana bread and homemade granola smelled soooooo very delicious, I really wasn't tempted to eat anything.

I am, however, tempted to take a nap.

Debunking the Myth of Sugar:


Was the song, "Cut The Cake" by Average White Band
really about a piece of cake?
(I think not.)






No comments:

Post a Comment