Monday, June 2, 2014

Day Five: How to Handle a Bad Day and Still Lose Weight...

Today was just one of those days where nothing seemed to be going right at work. There were multiple factors involved, but the funk seemed to snowball as the morning progressed. To top it off, I was hungry and sweltering hot. I really wanted to eat my blues away.


Well, I didn't have a cookie, which I was both annoyed about and proud of myself for that decision. I'm also feeling somewhat frustrated today that I don't really have a specific eating plan during this "Pre-Conditioning Week", and the majority of my meals have been pretty bland, (and small!) Is this just the part where I have to do something for 30 days in order to make it a habit, or will I always feel like I'm eating tiny, sub-par meals?

On a good note, though, I do drink a lot more water, and I'm walking my dog and riding my bike daily. Why the sudden interest in outdoor activity, and almost a gallon of H2O per day? Because when I'm at home and feeling hungry, or want to eat my troubles away, I go for a walk, or refill my water bottle and start chugging. It has been especially effective today in distracting me from food. Plus, not only am I NOT eating, but I'm also burning calories, so WIN-WIN!

Tomorrow I'm supposed to check in with my consultant at MRC. I'm not sure if weighing is part of the routine, but hopefully I'll get some questions answered, and can have a better attitude about food, meal planning ... life, in general.

Like I said, it was a bad day ... for many reasons.

Time for Debunking the Sugar Myth:

What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice, and everything nice,
that's what little girls are made of.

That's my problem. I'm made of sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment