Sunday, June 15, 2014

Day Eighteen: ...Myeh...



No excuse for not journaling, other than maybe feeling slightly...myeh about things. To get caught up, after the week or so of following the Pre-Conditioning menu, I followed the "yellow" menu for four days, before switching to the "blue menu" for six more days. They're basically the same. Not a lot of calories, small servings, minimal fat, fruit and starch, and barely adequate amounts of vegetables and protein. On the third day of following the yellow menu, I went in for a weigh-in and a review with my consultant. I had gained 1.5 lbs. BOO! HISS!!!

I have not wavered on the plan, not a bite or a sip of anything not on the menu or more than the portion allowed, so I can only hope that I've lost all of the water weight, and now I'm actually using the fat reserves for fuel. MRC gives a handout explaining that typically in Days 7-10, a person will either stop losing weight or even gain weight, as your body is trying to replace fat cell space with water. Since water weighs more than fat, that's the reason for the plateau. Sounds plausible, but nonetheless, it was disappointing...

I started the blue menu on Wednesday, and I went in again on Friday for another weigh-in and consultation. I lost 2 lbs., but I admit I wasn't really jumping for joy. I was so hoping to be in the 180's, and I'm hanging by a thread, or literally a half-pound, in the 190's. Tomorrow is my last day on the blue menu, so, once again, I'll go in for a weigh-in and consultation about the new menu I'll be given, which I'll follow until I'm ready for maintenance.

I'd be curious to know the strategy behind the pre-conditioning week, and the ten days following two separate menus. I'll have to ask one of the consultants, and see if I can get an answer. I like that there is so much one-on-one attention, and the girls are very friendly and encouraging. I also like that I'm eating healthier, and I'm definitely feeling better (no more stomach aches, bloating, and heartburn.) Yesterday was the first day I felt really hungry, but I think most of that was in my head. Really, when you think about it, I've been following MRC's plan for 18 days, and by Day 16 my weight was 7.5 lbs less than when I started. If I hadn't joined MRC, I wouldn't have lost a single pound, so, seriously, what am I complaining about???

I guess the problem is that I'm ready to be average, instead of over-weight. My focus is there, but my body has to drag its' ugly fat cells along, and give me anxiety every time I weigh-in. My son is getting married in less than a month, and I really don't want to dread being photographed. I am so hoping that doesn't happen. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I liked to be in front of the camera, which explains why there are hardly any pictures of me as an adult, and most of the photos I look pained or threatening...either way, the message was the same: "Get this over with. I know I'm going to look like a fat, ugly whale, so just take the damn thing and let me out of here."

Yeah, I'm definitely focused and ready for a 50 lb. change.

Not-So-Sweet Meanderings: 

The average American consumes 22 teaspoons of sugar every day.
The average child consumes a whopping 32 teaspoons of sugar per day.
Women should have no more than 6 teaspoons of sugar per day.
Men should have no more than 9 teaspoons of sugar per day.*
...Yikes.


*http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4543/14-MindBlowing-Facts-About-Sugar-Infographic.html



No comments:

Post a Comment